Job Title: Human Resources Manager
Department: Human Resources
Reports to: Associate Head, Finance and Administration
FLSA status: Exempt
Revised: January 6, 2017
JOB SUMMARY: The Human Resources (HR) Manager provides general direction and oversight with respect to personnel management, recruiting, compensation and benefits administration, performance management, professional development, and employee relations and communications. The HR Manager works collaboratively with School administrators, department heads, faculty and staff to develop and implement objectives that will provide an employee-oriented, high performance culture that emphasizes quality and productivity standards at the highest levels.
To Apply: If you would like to apply for this position, please access the link to our online application management system at http://www.marlborough.org/about/employment
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Ensures regulatory compliance with Federal, State, and Local agencies for employee relations, recruitment activities and benefits.
• Annually reviews and makes recommendations to the Associate Head, Finance and Administration or Head of School for improvement of the School’s policies, procedures and practices on personnel matters.
• Maintains responsibility for School compliance with federal and state legislation pertaining to all personnel matters.
• Communicates changes in School personnel policies and procedures and ensures proper compliance is followed.
• Assists the Associate Head, Finance and Administration in the annual review, preparation and preparation and administration of School wage and salary program, including issuing annual contracts to Faculty and Staff.
• Coordinates and conducts exit interviews to determine the reasons behind separation.
• Consults with legal counsel as appropriate, or as directed by the Head of School or Associate Head, Finance and Administration, on personnel matters.
• Recommends, evaluates and participates in staff development for the School through the Professional Development Program.
• Develops and maintains a human resource information system that meets School personnel information needs.
• Participates on committees and special projects and seeks additional responsibilities.
• Completes employment verifications and participates in external surveys in all areas of Human Resources, including compensation, benefits and trend setting.
• Provides strategic direction and overall guidance with respect to performance management standards and evaluation processes; ensures overall effectiveness in terms of the School’s annual performance evaluation process.
• Assists in managing employee relations issues.
• Works directly with department heads and supervisors to assist them in carrying out their responsibilities on personnel matters.
• Provides consultancy advice to division directors and department heads on personnel matters.
• When necessary, guides department heads through implementing performance correction measures.
• At the direction of the Head of School, the Human Resources Manager takes the lead or provides support, including recommendations, on employee relations investigations involving employees. The Human Resources Manager also provides support, as needed, on investigations involving students.
• Assists employees with benefits resolutions regarding claims or coverage.
• Reconciles benefit premiums, runs reports, monitors coverage, audits premium invoices and approves/coordinates with the Business Office for payment.
• Communicates benefit programs and delivers information and materials to employees, including benefit renewal negotiations, design, assembly and distribution of open enrollment packages.
• Coordinates 403(b) retirement programs, including enrollments, changes, loans and terminations.
• Processes benefit terminations and changes of status; reports benefit changes to respective carriers.
• Collects and maintains benefit related historical documents.
• Develops “Benefit Education Series” and other general wellness programs including on and off campus events.
• Manages attendance using Time-off software and reports absences to payroll and monitors balances for sick and vacation accruals.
• Coordinates disability and unemployment procedures; manages employee leaves and worker’s compensation claims.
• Generates employment contracts annually and mid-year hires as required, as well as employment changes for summer school and seasonal coaches.
• Provides compensation and other relevant data to Head of School, Directors and/or Managers for positions relating to the employment of candidates.
• Develops and coordinates program and materials for new employees.
Payroll and Other Duties:
• Serves as liaison with payroll for accurate and timely transfer of information relating to compensation adjustments and benefit deductions.
• Reviews and monitors payroll processing to ensure accuracy of payroll processing.
• Coordinates with support staff on developing program for and conducts ongoing support staff meetings.
• Serves as the Chair of the Administration’s Professional Growth and Development Committee; coordinates with area supervisors to ensure that professional growth opportunities are reviewed and met within the context of employee goals and objectives.
• Coordinates, updates and disseminates Employee Handbook information. Updates the Employee Handbook annually.
• Supervises the Receptionist and shares responsibility with the Associate Head, Finance and Administration for supervising the HR Coordinator.
• Supervises, directs and organizes the general office responsibilities among the Support Staff including coordination of community and other miscellaneous duties.
• Manages the Support Staff team of administrative assistants from various School departments.
o Schedules regular Support Staff meetings, plans the agenda and runs the meetings.
o Plans and delivers an annual retreat and other team-building activities for members of the Support Staff team.
• Bachelors of Arts or Science Degree required.
• Minimum of 7 years of progressive experience in the field of human resource management.
• Thorough knowledge and applicability of all state and federal regulations including ERISA, COBRA, FMLA, CFRA, ADA, etc., as well as wage and hour laws as they relate to payroll.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; resourceful problem solver; high level of discretion and proven record of maintaining confidentiality and sound judgment.
• Highly organized with an ability to work successfully either independently or in collaborative groups.
• Demonstrated computer skills in MS Office, including a strong aptitude to learn new software programs as needed.
• Ability and interest to work in a fast-paced environment while juggling multiple priorities.
In your cover letter or online application with the employer, please indicate that you learned of this job from nemnet.com. Failure to do so may prevent you from qualifying for the Nemnet SIGNING BONUS.
If you are hired by one of our member schools please contact Nemnet immediately via email [email@example.com] or phone [888.919.1112], you may be entitled to the Nemnet SIGNING BONUS.